Thread: Hooking up multiple monitors to one security digital video recorder

Hooking up multiple monitors to one security digital video recorder

I have a question on hooking up multiple monitors to one DVR. I have a 3 year old Everfocus DVR that has only one flat panel monitor connected to it. The dvr has only one BNC connection for a main monitor. My boss wants me to add 2 more monitors, one in the warehouse managers office and one in the front office. Since there is only one connection on the surveillance recorder how can i connect two more monitors?

Does the dvr also have VGA output?

If you have flat panel monitors with bnc inputs do they have bnc outputs too? There may be a loop thru connection to go to the next monitor. If not you will have to look for a bnc distribution box or convert the signal to some other format. (vga)

If these monitors are "loop through", you can wire from monitor to monitor to monitor. If they are I would assume they are made for the cctv industry.

Another thing you can do is this:

If the monitors have the yellow composite video RCA jack on the back, you can use a BNC to RCA adapter connector to convert the coaxial cable to the RCA input and possibly get all thre monitors to work. Picture will be crappy though. Can you get back with us with more details like the monitor model numbers or DVR model?

I heard about this through one of my friends, But I didn't have total knowledge regarding the topic. How can we hook up 2 monitors to single PC. I need to know how to hook up and want to have the stuff if just doesn't work. Please produce some more links providing some suggestions.

IP CCTV Canberra
    Security Systems Canberra

Quote Originally Posted by JackerWilliams View Post
    I heard about this through one of my friends, But I didn't have total knowledge regarding the topic. How can we hook up 2 monitors to single PC. I need to know how to hook up and want to have the stuff if just doesn't work. Please produce some more links providing some suggestions.

IP CCTV Canberra
    Security Systems Canberra
    To solve your problem is a pc issue. Buy and install a video card with dual monitor outputs. I think the op is asking different questions than pc based by the way.

To be honest, if the cable run lengths aren't too long, you should be able to just use a couple of BNC splitters. I know it's not best practice, but in reality, if it works then get it done!

Good luck!