Thread: NUUO NT-4040 NVR Titan Network Video Recorder

Blog Entries

NUUO NT-4040 NVR Titan Network Video Recorder

NUUO recently released this beast of a network video recorder they call NVR Titan. The Titan operates on a Linux platform for added intrusion protection and stability. The NVR Titan supports Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari on both Mac and Windows computers.

The specs on this box look pretty cool. Some of the main features I see are noted above. I am sure that NUUO listened to it's customers complain that although their recorders were built on Linux, viewing could only be done via Windows IE 7. This makes this box more attractive to me.

I discovered some of the main features of the NVR noted below

• Dual Gigabit Ethernet Ports
    • Multiple Client OS Platforms
    • Panomorph PTZ 360 Panoramic View
    • Dual Stream for Managing Bandwidth
    • Spot-out for live viewing
    • 250Mbps recording throughput around 64ch, 1.3M, H.264, 10fps
    • Manage 100 servers, live view up to 400 channels simultaneously
    • Up to 64 channels by adding IP licenses
    • Support iPhone, iPad, Android, and BlackBerry mobile clients
    • Support 32 brands of IP cameras and more than 870 models

The NVR Titan comes with out without hard drives. The drive configuration is up to 8 drive bays and can be purchased with up to 8 terrabytes of storage. I think the pre-loaded drive bays are only available in the US for now.

Now check out this following Fun Fact :
    Live view maximum 256 connections at the same time on the Titan You may find more specs or photos on the NUUO NT-4040 NVR Titan here.

I want one of these for Christmas!
    Last edited by TheJesuit; 07-11-2011 at 08:18 PM.

Blog Entries

NT-4040 NVRTitan by NUUO

This does look like a really cool network video recorder. I glanced at the Nuuo website and did not notice any specs on this? I googled a few articles where Nuuo released this at the International Security Coonference a few months back. Any idea of the costs for the NT-4040 with or without hard drives?

Also Why do you want this for Christmas? It is really cool, but I would ask Santa for a 70 inch LED TV !!!
    No Ad

Is this NVR available on the market yet? A quick search on the net did not return any retailers selling it yet???

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by robtaak View Post
    Is this NVR available on the market yet? A quick search on the net did not return any retailers selling it yet???
    I dont think it is released yet. When it is, it will probably only be available to protected dealerships or integrators. If these units start at $5000 and up, that is just not the price range of product to be sold on the internet.
    No Ad