Thread: NUUO Titan NVR Specifications

Blog Entries

NUUO Titan NVR Specifications

Here is the PDF on the NUUO Titan NVR that was announced by Nuuo at ISC in Vegas this year. This is Nuuo's enterprise class Linux recording and management solution specifically designed for megapixel camera recording. This software is also capable of managing up to 100 servers too.

The NT-4040-US base unit has 4 drive bays and can be purchased without hard drives for a list price of $1600 (US). This NVR can be loaded with up to 12 terrabytes of storage.

You can purchase also buy these units with preloaded storage with 1Tb, 4Tb, 8Tb, or 12Tb of storage. List price running at $1900 to $6000 respectively.

The box comes with 4 licenses embedded. Additional licenses can be purchased in single or in blocks with an average list price of $160 per channel, up to 64 total channels. I am unaware of any annual renewal fees needed for this box. The licenses for the Nuuo Titan are specific to this unit. It appears that other Nuuo licenses for their mini or rack mount NVR's are not compatable.

This NVR should only be available through distribution or direct sales and should be available in the US shortly. I would like to get into one to play with.

Let me know what you guys think about the specs and the potential for this server.

Nuuo Titan.pdf

Blog Entries
    Cool Jim. I was searching the internet and couldnt find any specs on this. Where did you get it?

I guess I need to get into the IP world now huh? The analog cctv sections of our site aren't as active as before. I think I will get on a speed reading course in the IP sections here.

Quote Originally Posted by ccd dude View Post
    I guess I need to get into the IP world now huh? The analog cctv sections of our site aren't as active as before. I think I will get on a speed reading course in the IP sections here.
    Yeah it's about time you start learning about IP video! Analog cctv will still be around for some time, but unless technology advancements can make analog video better and less expensive, I think it will become a toy for consumers in years to come. This is all dependent on whether the major cctv manufacturers decide to continue development of analog or put all their emphasis in competing in the IP world.